Climb The World’s Tallest Mountain, At Your Own Pace,
On The Hills And Peaks In Your Own Backyard
Climb Everest Challenge™ is THE virtual hiking/running/cycling adventure that helps you push beyond your limits to reach 29,030 FT – the height of Mt. Everest – In just 50 days, one step at a time.
Back for the 3rd year in a row, this August (2022) brings back the epic annual event designed to help you train harder, dream bigger and connect with yourself (and your fellow Challengers) more authentically than ever before.
“The Greatest Obstacle You’ll Ever Face…Is The One Inside Your Mind.”
Let’s Create YOUR Story Today!
Earn badges along the way and refer friends to signup and join in on the challenge.
Make It A Team Sport!
This year we are really excited about getting teams involved in the Challenge. In addition to teams created by people who know each other, we will also be adding "Virtual Teams" made up of participants from all over. The maximum team size is 12. Team captains who rally a full roster of participants will receive a FULL REFUND of their personal registration. Challenge your team to hit their individual elevation goals, and monitor your team's progress against other teams from around the country!
This will be one epic challenge! (and yes, prizes will be awarded!)
Starting on August 13th, find your favorite hills and start running, cycling, or hiking to reach your max elevation. You can even combine sports with the Tri-Everest sign-up option! Track with your preferred app or trainer and submit daily to see your progress going up the virtual mountain!
All participants will receive a 2022 Climb Everest Challenge finisher medal, and participants registered prior to 7/4/2022 will receive a FREE custom event T-Shirt shipped to your home.
Each registered participant will receive one raffle ticket upon entry, as well as one extra ticket per Base Camp achieved including TWO extra tickets upon reaching the summit. Super climbers who summit more than once will receive an additional bonus.
Here’s What’s Waiting For You On The Mountain Top…
This challenge is for every free spirit that dreams of reaching the world’s greatest peaks but never has the time or freedom to abandon their daily life. Our 50-day self-paced challenge empowers you to scale the height of Mount Everest, anywhere your body can take you.
Refreshing Natural Air
The more you get outside, the closer you get to the finish line. Our virtual challenge drives you to spend more time soaking in the natural landscape and reaping the benefits that come from the great outdoors. Breathe it all in and let the stress go.
Whether you’re going it solo or doing this as part of a team, Climb Everest Challenge features a growing online community of outdoor enthusiasts, serious and weekend athletes, beginner adventurers, and seasoned climbers, all coming together to tackle one great beast…and cheering you on every step of the way.
HOW TO RIDE/RUN/HIKE A VIRTUAL CHALLENGE?
HOW TO RUN/RIDE A VIRTUAL CHALLENGE?
- REGISTER - Sign up for the challenge you want to participate in: cycling, running, hiking, or Tri (all three).
- SWAG - Everyone gets the Medal for participating. Those who register before 7/4/2022 will also receive a FREE 2022 CEC TShirt. FInishers will also have the ability to download the completion certificate!
- RIDE, RUN, HIKE, OR TRI (ALL THREE) - The next step is to complete the challenge in 50 days. Since this is a "Virtual" event, you can RIDE, RUN, OR HIKE (WALK) wherever and whenever you want. You can climb the elevation all at once or break it into multiple climbs on different days. Even if it takes all 50 days to complete (that's 580 ft/day to complete.) Remember, Virtual = Flexible.
- POST YOUR PROGRESS - After completing your individual segments, please post your results to this website using the Results link at the top of the page. The platform will track your progress and let you know when you have reached the top of the mountain. Once conquered, keep climbing and see if you can summit Mount Everest multiple times!
- PRINT YOUR RACE BIB
- After you complete the challenge, be sure to print your custom race bib! Simply click on your name on the results page after they are posted and click the link below your bib number in the upper right-hand corner.
Challenge Contact Info
If you have any questions about this Challenge, click the button below.
Upload Activity File
Submit Via Activity File
RunSignup now supports the ability for participants to submit their virtual results by uploading their GPS activity recorded while using third party types of tracking tools. Participants record their activities for Virtual Events on a multitude of devices and platforms. Two very common formats of data are GPX and FIT, which services like Garmin and Strava use to store activity data.
We now give users the ability to quickly and easily enter in their activity data by selecting a GPX or FIT file from their computer. Their personalized data will automatically fill in, including the Distance, Date, Elevation Gain, and Time fields from the activity file being submitted.
This feature is available to all users without any need to enable it on the back end. Participants will see a Load Activity from File button while logging their Activity which they can click to open up a panel to submit a file.
After clicking the Load Activity from File button, a panel will slide out allowing you to browse for a file on your computer or mobile device.
After browsing for and selecting the Activity Data file, the fields for Date Completed, Distance in Miles, Elevation Gain, and Time will fill in automatically. The participant then clicks Submit.
You can learn how to export Activity data from Strava here and Garmin Connect here.
You can also manually grab a file from a Garmin device itself by following these instructions:
- Hit Browse
- Navigate to /Garmin/garmin/activities
- Select the apropriate activity file ending in .fit
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.